Nuffic has Neso offices (Netherlands Education Support Offices) in 6 countries. They are located in countries that are of strategic importance for the Dutch higher education sector: India, Indonesia, Russia, Vietnam, South Africa and South Korea. They were set up with funding from the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. This funding will be phased out in the coming years. Keep an eye out on this page for recent developments.
Nuffic has project offices in 4 countries: Benin, Ethiopia, Jordan and Lebanon. They execute capacity development and scholarship programmes for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the EU.
For the Dutch knowledge sector, our offices focus on:
- Positioning Dutch higher education abroad.
- Strengthening the quality and diversity of the international classroom in the Netherlands, through the promotion of Study in Holland.
- NL alumni activities and linking international talent with the Dutch labour market, through the NL alumni network.
- Promoting outgoing student mobility by encouraging Dutch students to go abroad for their studies, internship or exchange, through www.wilweg.nl.
- Tailor made services.
For the international knowledge sector, our offices focus on:
- Access to education for refugees and marginalized groups through EDU-Syria and HOPES-LEB.
- Capacity development for professionals and organisations through the Orange Knowledge Programme.
- Individual knowledge development and training for and in the region, for example through the MENA Scholarship Programme, StuNed, DUTEP, Orange Tulip Scholarship and EU-Share.
Do you have questions?
For questions about our Neso offices: please contact Sabine Amft, team leader team Transition Neso & Alumni. For questions about our offices for international development: please contact Nico Barning, team leader Programme Management & Monitoring.
Phasing out of Neso activities
The coming years Neso activities will be phased out and in some cases handed over. To read more about these implications per country please read this article.