MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP)
MSP individual scholarships
The main aim of the MSP scholarships is to contribute to democratic transition in the selected countries. It also aims at building capacity within organisations, by enabling employees to take part in short courses in the Netherlands.
While the scholarship is awarded to individuals, all candidates must be nominated by their employer to be able to participate. The need for training has to be demonstrated in the context of the organisation the applicant is employed by. The training course must help the organisation develop its capacity.
The MSP scholarship programme is open to professionals who are nationals of - and living and working in - one of the countries listed below:
Algeria • Egypt • Iran • Iraq • Jordan • Lebanon • Libya • Morocco • Syria • Tunisia
MSP is not currently open to professionals applying for scholarships from Syria. Applicants with the Syrian nationality may apply if they are residing and working in one of the other MSP countries listed.
- 5 February – registration opens for candidates
- 24 March at 16.00 hrs – registration closes for candidates
- 21 April at 16.00 hrs – deadline for nominating candidates by Dutch education institutions (extended from 7 April 2020)
- 21 April at 16.00 hrs – opening assessment for embassies (extended from 7 April 2020)
- 19 May at 16.00 hrs – deadline for assessment applications by embassies
- 4 June – selection and grant awards
The programme is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You can read the policy framework in the Dutch Staatscourant:
MSP TMT subsidy for group training
A TMT provides accessible (regional) training, which is customised to the participants’ actual work environment. It is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of a group of professionals with common training needs and/or the overall functioning of an organisation.
New calls will be published on the open calls page.
Documents for Dutch training providers
For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.