More information on Study in NL

Read about everything you need to take care of on our website Study in NL.

Go to Study in NL

What is your diploma worth in the Netherlands?

  • In our overview of 100 education systems you can look up the country where you obtained your diploma. We indicate which Dutch diplomas we compare the diplomas from that country to. These are the diplomas we often receive questions about.
  • Is your diploma not listed? Please go to the university of applied science or university where you want to study. They can apply for a if necessary.

Which diplomas give access to Dutch higher education?

  • For a bachelor’s programme at a university of applied sciences, your diploma must be comparable to at least a HAVO diploma or an MBO level 4 diploma.
  • For a bachelor’s degree at a university, your diploma must be comparable to a VWO diploma.
  • Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences determine themselves which students they admit.