MENA Regional Alumni Event
to Saturday 4 June 2022 20:00
In 2021 almost 140 alumni of the different countries in the region participated in digital regional alumni meetings. Great interest in and willingness to engage with other alumni were expressed. This upcoming regional live event will be part of the follow up to this expression of interest. We would like to strengthen the capacities of a group of alumni to take the lead as alumni ambassadors in their country and/or region. This regional alumni event will enable you to take an active role in participating, planning, organising and hosting future alumni activities or other events in your country or region in close coordination with Nuffic and/or the Netherlands embassy. By engaging as alumni ambassador you will be able to strengthen your network with other alumni of your country and region, with Dutch organisations (knowledge institutes, the embassy, companies) and directly with Nuffic. During the regional event we hope to give you the necessary tools and inputs to act as an alumni ambassador for your country.
1st of June 2022
Day of arrival and welcoming dinner
2nd -3rd of June 2022
Work sessions to foster regional and national alumni engagement
- Brainstorm on role of alumni within their countries and needed tools, skills and incentives, elaborate national action plans to strengthen alumni networks
- Personal and professional exchange between participants
- Strengthening communication and negotiation skills of participants
Thematic sessions related to the region (to be further determined):
- Youth and labour market
- Climate Change (related to water and/or food and nutrition)
- Private sector and/or economic development
4th of June 2022
This event will take place in Amman, Jordan.
Alumni from the Orange Knowledge Programme or MENA Scholarship Programme, either former individual scholarship holders or individuals currently involved in OKP projects. We strive for a gender balance for this event, so both male and female alumni are welcome to apply.
The event is open for applicants from Yemen, Palestine, Egypt, Iraq, Libya, Tunisia, Lebanon, Morocco, Algeria, Jordan and Oman.
In order to be selected after your registration for this event (see below) you have to;
- Be motivated to act as a Dutch alumni ambassador for your country on a voluntary basis
- Be available to plan, organise, and implement alumni activities in your country in coordination with Nuffic, the Netherlands embassy and other stakeholders
- Be capable to maintain and strengthen good relations with alumni, stakeholders and networks
- Be fluent in English
- Be available during all the activities of the event
- You have to be available to participate during the whole event and you commit yourself to actively contribute to alumni activities in your country upon return.
- You have to register for this event before 10 April and be selected by Nuffic to participate in the event. The selection of participants will be based upon the information provided in the registration form and an interview with the pre-selected candidates.
- Costs for flights, hotel, visa and food & drinks during the event are covered by Nuffic
- You must have a passport that is valid for more than 6 months from the date of entry into Jordan.
Apply before 10 April 2022 to join the event. We aim to select 2 participants of each participating country.
Registration closed on 10 April 2022. If you have registered, please kindly wait. Our staff is working on the selection of registrations and will contact the selected applicants shortly.