Secondary vocational education
Secondary vocational education in Morocco
There are many types of study programmes in Moroccan secondary vocational education. The study programmes vary in terms of their admission requirements, , content and . On this page, we describe a diploma we often see: the Diplôme de Technicien .
The official length of the full-time programme (not part-time) without study delay.
The possibility to continue on to an advanced programme, in some cases with exemptions for several subjects or a certain period.
Diplôme de Technicien
After obtaining the DQP pupils can choose to continue further education by 2-year secondary vocational education programmes at an Institut de Technologie Appliquée (ITA) leading to a Diplôme de Technicien/الدبلوم التقني.
- Duration: 2 years.
- Content: secondary vocational education.
- Admission requirements: one of the following requirements:
- a Diplôme de Qualification Professionnelle (DQP). This is a 2-year vocational training programmes following lower secondary education; or
- the level of the final year of the baccalauréat.
- Diploma: Diplôme de Technicien/الدبلوم التقني.
We compare a Diplôme de Technicien to an diploma level 3 or 4. This depends on the content of the study programme.
Secondary vocational education (middelbaar beroepsonderwijs, MBO). MBO prepares pupils for the professional practice or further study. This type of education follows on from VMBO; its duration will depend on the chosen qualification. MBO comprises 4 levels (I-IV). Read more on the website of SBB.