Grades and study results
Secondary education study results
Usually, secondary schools use the following system to assess study results:
|9-10||Muy bien (MB)||Very good|
Secondary education documents
Students can prove they have completed upper secondary education by showing 1 of the following documents:
- Certificado de terminación de estudios - bachillerato general
- Certificado de terminación de estudios - bachillerato tecnológico
Please note: sometimes, the diplomas has a different name, such as:
- Bachiller programa bicultural
- Certificado de terminación de estudios – bachillerato programa multicultural
- Diploma de Bachiller
Higher education study results
Mexican higher education institutions usually assess study results as follows:
|9-10 or 90-100||MB||Muy bien - excelente||Very good|
|8 or 80-89||B||Bien||Good|
|6-7 or 60-79||S||Suficiente - regular||Pass|
|0-5 or 0-59||R||Deficiente - reprobado||Fail|
Higher education documents
When students complete higher education study programme, they receive a diploma and a transcript.
Please note: sometimes, we see other documents as well:
- Carta de pasante: this is not a diploma. It is proof that students have completed a part of their study programme. They still need to write a thesis or do an internship (servicio social).
- Célula professional: this is not a diploma. It is proof that in Mexico the students are allowed to work in the profession of their study programme. This usually concerns study programmes for a regulated profession, such as doctor or teacher.