Secondary vocational education in India

There are many types of study programmes in Indian secondary vocational education. The study programmes vary in terms of their admission requirements, , content and . You need information about this in order to determine the level of a diploma.

Diploma programmes

Many students follow study programmes for a Diploma. In many cases, students have to take exams via a state board, a council or the equivalent. Often, the level of a Diploma varies per study programme:

  • Diploma programmes with a duration of 1 or 2 years are programmes. We do not often see Diplomas of these study programmes.
  • We see Diploma programmes with a duration of 3 years more often. We usually compare these Diplomas to several years of . We describe 2 examples on our webpage about Indian higher education:

Want to know more?

Do you have questions about Indian secondary vocational education? Contact the SBB, the expertise centre for foreign diplomas and study programmes at VMBO and MBO level.