Download the pdf with detailed information about the European Baccalaureate education system:
European Schools and a number of accredited schools provide multilingual, multicultural education programmes for students aged 4 to 19. The programmes prepare students for the European Baccalaureate and admission to higher education.
European Baccalaureate Certificate
- Dutch comparison: VWO diploma (NLQF* 4+/EQF** 4).
- Duration of education: 2 years (third cycle).
- Type of education: upper general secondary education.
- Purpose of diploma: admission to higher education.
* NLQF = Dutch Qualifications Framework
** EQF = European Qualifications Framework