Secondary vocational education
Secondary vocational education in Egypt
There are many types of study programmes in Egyptian secondary vocational education. The study programmes vary in terms of their admission requirements, , content and . You need information about this in order to determine the level of a diploma.
The official length of the full-time programme (not part-time) without study delay.
The possibility to continue on to an advanced programme, in some cases with exemptions for several subjects or a certain period.
Diploma of advanced technical studies
- Duration: 5 years.
- Content: vocational subjects concerning, for example, agriculture, commerce or industry.
- Admission requirements: a Basic education certificate.
- Function of the diploma: work.
- Diploma: Diploma of advanced technical studies / دبلوم الدراسة الفنية المتقدمة.
We usually compare a Diploma of advanced technical studies to an MBO diploma level 4, and sometimes to an diploma level 3. This depends on the content of the study programme.
Secondary vocational education (middelbaar beroepsonderwijs, MBO). MBO prepares pupils for the professional practice or further study. This type of education follows on from VMBO; its duration will depend on the chosen qualification. MBO comprises 4 levels (I-IV). Read more on the website of SBB.
Intermediate institute diploma
Intermediate (Technical) Institutes / المعهد الفني offer study programmes for an Intermediate institute diploma.
- Duration: at least 2 years.
- Content: vocational subjects concerning commerce / تجاري, industry / صناعي, health / صحة and social services / الخدمه الاجتماعية.
- Admission requirements: a Secondary School Technical Diploma.
- Function of the diploma: if students obtained their diploma with an end result of at least 75%, they gain access to higher education. Usually, this concerns study programmes offered by Higher Institutes. In some cases, students can start in the 2nd year of the higher education programme.
- Diploma: Intermediate institute diploma / دبلوم المعهد المتوسط.
We compare an Intermediate institute diploma to an MBO diploma level 4.
Want to know more?
Do you have any questions about secondary vocational education in Egypt? Please contact the SBB. The SBB compares foreign secondary vocational education qualifications for people looking for work.