The IB DP English B language acquisition course aims to develop students who can engage in global contexts with other speakers of English. It is built upon the IB philosophies of international-mindedness and multilingualism in order to develop global citizenship.
This workshop aims to:
- explore what it means to be a successful, effective communicator in a global society.
- help teachers engage with course themes, concepts, international-mindedness, global awareness and understand how this can contribute to better student performance on assessments.
- explore how critical thinking skills developed in the course prepare students for post-secondary options.
- engage in inquiry and apply critical thinking skills to the concept of variation and transfer this engagement into the classroom context.
- support teachers in preparing students for listening comprehension assessments.
- discuss implementation of the course and interaction with teacher support materials.
Spreker: Katrin Fox, International Baccalaureate
Thema: Taal, wereldburgerschap
Doelgroep: havo, vwo
Niveau: beginner, gevorderd, expert