The short group training courses are tailor-made to the specific needs of an organisation. They can also be used to train professionals who have a common training need, but who are not staff members of the same organisation. Specific target groups, such as marginalised groups, can receive tailor-made training, in a regional setting if needed.
Who is eligible?
For each Orange Knowledge Programme country there are focus areas. Only proposals in those focus areas will be eligible for funding. To be eligible for a Tailor-Made Training grant, the training course should focus on candidates:
- who work at national and/or local organisations like ministries, secondary vocational or TVET institutions, universities, (small) private sector organisations, commissions or NGOs;
- who have the nationality of or be resident and working in one of the partner countries;
- who are in a position to apply the acquired knowledge and skills in practice.
Please check the requirements in the publication of the policy framework in the Staatscourant (in Dutch) or check the translation of the framework:
You can find more detailed information in chapter 3.
Types of courses and funding
There are Tailor-Made Training courses and Tailor-Made Training Plus courses:
- Tailor-Made Training: courses with a maximum subsidy amount of € 75,000 and a maximum duration of twelve months; depending on the specific call, they can be held in all partner countries (see participating countries).
- Tailor-Made Training Plus: courses with a maximum subsidy amount of € 400,000 and a maximum duration of 24 months; depending on the specific call, they can be held in ‘Full programme countries’ and ‘Compact + countries’ (see participating countries).
The Orange Knowledge Programme is a co-funding programme. This means that a contribution from the requesting organisation in the partner country is compulsory for Lower Middle Income Countries and Upper Middle Income Countries.
The percentage of co-funding (on top of the amount requested from the Orange Knowledge Programme) is not the same for all countries. Please consult the country focus information for more information:
TMT - Country focus - Orange Knowledge Programme
Procedure and open calls
Calls for training proposals with specific information will be published on our open calls page. An organisation from a partner country and a Dutch training provider must jointly formulate a training proposal and submit it to us online. A tailor-made training course must be conducted by a Dutch training provider.
The training courses have to be in line with the Country Plan of Implementation or the Annual Plan for the country in question. We will inform you about the process through our digital Orange Knowledge Programme updates:
Results from previous rounds
Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 70 42 60 285 (Inge Schouten) or +31 70 42 60 161 (Luuk Bosma).