To support international mobility of students and workers it is important that recognition of foreign qualifications is done smoothly. If the process is fast and transparent this can help a university attract students. This is why we are continuosly working with Dutch and foreign partners on projects to improve the process.
Aim of the projects
The projects are geared towards:
- streamlining the process of recognition, for instance by training credential evaluators, developing tools, setting up clear guidelines and implementing quality control mechanisms.
- exploring new developments, such as MOOCs, digital exchange of student data and automatic recognition.
- sharing good practices in dealing with recognition of diplomas of refugees.
We are currently running an Erasmus+ project called ‘AR-Net’, which focuses on further improving recognition in Europe, for instance by exploring portability of recognition decisions.
We are also working on e-Valuate and DigiRec, 2 EU projects focusing on innovative ways of recognition, using new technology.
Together with the Council of Europe we are working on a qualification passport for refugees to support their integration in Europe.
We have successfully coordinated many projects in the Netherlands and Europe that have already improved recognition processes, including:
- European recognition manual (EAR manual)
- European recognition manual for higher education institutions (EAR HEI manual)
- STREAM online training platform
We also set up a toolkit for Dutch higher education institutions to set up admission procedures for refugees without documents.
We are the Dutch National Academic Recognition Information Centre and the Dutch representative of the European Network of Information Centres, ENIC-NARIC.
The centres in these networks work closely together to improve the policy and processes for the recognition of diplomas.
Tailor-made projects and consultancy
If you would like specific advice on the recognition of diplomas for your organisation, we can set up tailor-made projects or act as a consultant for you.