The project aims to implement fair automatic recognition by offering guidance in policy development on an European and national level. Furthermore, through capacity building, higher education institutions will be encouraged to improve their expertise on automatic recognition.
I-AR caters to the needs of ENIC-NARIC centres, higher education institutions and other actors involved in achieving automatic recognition in the EHEA (rectors conferences, quality assurance organisations, ministries of education, policy makers).
The activities of the I-AR project aim to improve automatic recognition at the European, national and institutional level.
- Create a table with system-level comparisons of qualifications in EHEA that national authorities can use to enter into (non) legally binding AR agreements between countries, and as such supports efficient and consistent implementation.
- Produce a 2nd updated edition of the EAR manual supporting fair and automatic recognition practices in the EU/EHEA.
- Analyse the implications of the Global Recognition Convention on the Lisbon Recognition Convention to support streamlined implementation in line with the LRC and automatic recognition.
Provide national guidance through improved AR regimes in ENIC-NARIC offices.
Build capacity for higher education institutions by:
- strengthening the link between ENIC-NARIC and HEIs,
- improving information provision on fair and automatic recognition,
- organising national seminars on automatic recognition for higher education institutions.
Funding and partners
The I-AR project is co-funded by Erasmus+ and coordinated by Nuffic. The consortium consists of the following partners:
- ENIC Ukraine
- ENIC NARIC Flanders
- ENIC NARIC Lithuania
- ENIC NARIC Poland
- ENIC NARIC Norway
- ENIC NARIC Austria
- ENIC NARIC Italy
- ENIC NARIC France
- ENIC NARIC Estonia
- ENIC NARIC The Netherlands (coordinator)
- ENIC NARIC Ireland
- ENIC NARIC Czech Republic
- ENIC-NARIC Denmark
Contact and more information
For more information about I-AR please contact the project coordinators, Ms Jenneke Lokhoff and Mr Bas Wegewijs, by filling in our contact form or calling +31 (0)70 4260 260.