Call for proposals - Training for Lebanon – MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP)
This call is open for Dutch training providers who:
- have a track record of providing training in the suggested topics.
- have experience in the region
- are interested in giving training in Lebanon, the Netherlands and/or online .
- are interested in working together with a local partner organisation
- are interested in customising a training for representatives of grassroots organisation for the LGBTQI+ community in Lebanon
- agree with the Grant Conditions (375.6 kB) (375.6 kB)
- meet the general criteria
About the participants
Selection criteria for local partner:
- To make the training sustainable the Dutch training provider is asked to work with a Lebanon-based local NGO with focus on LGBTQI+ communities
- Preference is given to Lebanese but if of added value any nationality from the MSP country list in the MENA region but based in Lebanon can participate.
- Track record of training provision (basic level) around sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and sex characteristics (SOGIESC).
- Experience designing and adapting interventions for LGBTQI+ community in times of crisis.
Selection criteria for participants:
- Activist or representative of a grassroots organisation for the LGBTQI+ community
- Any nationality from the MENA region but based in Lebanon
- Basic knowledge of human rights mechanisms
- Clear experience working with LGBTQI+ communities in Lebanon and the region
Topic of the requested training
- Organisational structure development and professionalising grassroots initiatives
- Strategic planning for grassroots organisations
- Compliant pocedures in procurement, logistics, human resources and finance
- MEAL: MEAL for human rights, gender & sexuality programming, assessing contextual risks, barriers and enablers
- Media and communications for organisations working in human rights, gender and sexuality
- Fundraising for core funding, small grants, and larger strategic partnerships
- Advocacy: strengthening advocacy capacity (locally and internationally), facilitation of underrepresented groups’ participation in advocacy (local and international, addressing local and international policies to improve supportive environments
- Selection of local partner to support (advanced-level CSO)
- Selection of 10-12 LGBTQI+ grassroots organisations for training
- Contextualising training curriculum with local partner
- Delivering a TOT for the local partner to support with implementation
- Training grassroots organisations with support from local partner (can be hybrid with at least 60% in-country)
- Providing individual coaching session to participants requiring further support (hybrid or online modality)
- Instilling part of the training curriculum at the local partner organisation and making sure capacities are in place to replicate it
- Outreach to businesses can be supported by the embassy of the Netherlands in Lebanon.
- The Dutch training provider must coordinate the design of selection criteria with the embassy.
- The embassy will take part in the selection process of the businesses.
30 November 2022 11.00 a.m. CET
How to apply?
Find all information on the process of applying and the required documents on the MSP training page.