Neso Mexico focuses on the following activities:
- coordinating partnerships between education institutions;
- initiating a lively dialogue between the education sectors in both countries;
- promoting Dutch higher education and increasing student and staff mobility between Mexico and the Netherlands.
You can read more about these activities below.
Study in Holland
Neso Mexico organises and hosts various activities to support Mexican students who want to study in the Netherlands.
- Neso Mexico is the primary point of contact for topics related to education impacting Mexican higher education institutions and government agencies and Dutch higher education institutions and government agencies.
Concerted efforts are made to assist Dutch and Mexican students in learning from each other thereby connecting to a bigger community of academics. This is achieved through counselling sessions, pre-departure briefings, and participation in fairs and other educational events.
To prepare Mexican students physically and mentally for their journey and for student life in the Netherlands, Neso Mexico organises pre-departure briefings. During the briefing we share knowledge to help students overcome any difficulties they might encounter in the adaption to a different culture, study methods and society in the Netherlands.
The pre-departure briefings are regarded as an extra service for Dutch institutions. Well-prepared students know what to expect in Holland and this will contribute to a smoother procedure at the Dutch institutions. University representatives in Mexico are invited to the briefings to meet their new students.
Study in Holland presentations
Neso Mexico offers (online) sessions to present information about studying in Holland, including step-by-step instructions on how to find a study programme, scholarship opportunities and other details.
Neso Mexico provides support for a scholarship specifically for Mexican students:
The Orange Tulip Scholarship
The Orange Tulip Scholarship (OTS) is a partial scholarship offered by Dutch higher education institutions, government institutions, or the private sector to provide talented Mexican students with the opportunity to study in the Netherlands.
This programme can be used as a promotional tool for studying in Holland. We have been managing and promoting this programme since 2012, while the education institutions select the grantees.
For more information visit www.studyinholland.nl/ots.
Erasmus Mundus programme
NL alumni network Mexico
The NL alumni network is a platform for international alumni, students, and interns, as well as Dutch education institutions, embassies and organisations. Through the network they can exchange knowledge, information, and contacts.
We maintain a database and organise events in line with The Netherlands' innovative top sectors. Connection of Study in Holland with Career in Holland where there are shortages on the Dutch labour market and in growing economic sectors. To create awareness and build a sense of belonging among alumni, we organise activities that focus on strengthening the network and support professional development.
Through partnerships with Dutch companies, internship and job opportunities are available to alumni, as well as many training opportunities.
Do you work at a higher education institution or at a Dutch embassy? Then you can keep in touch with your alumni through the network in your own community or via the global network.
For more info, please visit the website of the NL alumni network.
Study in Mexico - WilWeg
As part of our incoming mobility efforts, we:
- support Dutch students to find study opportunities in Mexico and provide information on visa, housing and other issues;
- support Dutch students studying in Mexico;
- provide information on internship opportunities in Mexico;
- support Dutch education institutions in finding partnerships in Mexico for student outbound mobility.