Intern at Nuffic Neso South Africa (based in Pretoria)
To maximise the international exposure we appoint two interns, one from South Africa and one from the Netherlands who will work closely together.
What will you be doing?
Neso South Africa has identified a need to make its activities more visible to external stakeholders through its own (online) media and by building a network of external media/press contacts in South Africa. We expect the intern to become familiar first with the marketing & communication activities already going on and with the local context.
Activities of the intern will include:
- Get an overview of the different ways Nuffic Neso South Africa communicates about its activities.
- Provide advice on next-step to be taken to further improve the current communication strategy.
- Expand the network of media contacts
- Work on the development of the websites )
- Social Media management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) including the generation of content
- Event management: invitations, reminders and follow-up to database.
- Liaison with printing partners
- Day-to-day administrative assignments (answering phones, handling correspondents, making travel plans)
- Document internship period for the WilWeg initiative – social media take over, blog writing or vlogging.
- Work on general Neso activities
*We are open to suggestions of your activities in order for you to meet requirements from your educational institution.
What should you bring with you?
You fulfil the following requirements:
- You are a student from a university or university of applied sciences (WO, HBO)
- Your field of study is relevant for the internship vacancy and should be in the field of communication, marketing, business, or economics.
You are a responsible, proactive and result-driven individual
- You combine an entrepreneurial attitude with good communication skills and interest in the international education sector.
- You are organized and detail-oriented and can combine multiple tasks at the same time.
- You are fully computer literate and have affinity with CRM systems and content development for websites
- You enjoy building networks and maintaining relations with external partners like companies, government and education institutions.
- You are fully proficient in English
We can offer you:
- A dynamic and international work environment;
- Work on an interesting communication project
- Duration of internship: 3 to 6 months
- Assistance in obtaining a working visa for South Africa
- Support, if needed, in finding accommodation in Pretoria.
Note: due to the local context we are not able to offer internship allowances or other financial contributions.
For more information, or to apply
Deadline- 7 January 2019
Starting Date- 1 March January 2019
To apply send your CV and motivational letter to Mrs. Meghan Rossouw, Liaison Officer at Nuffic Neso South Africa via email@example.com
About Nuffic Neso South Africa
Nuffic Neso South Africa is an overseas office of Nuffic and part of a worldwide network of Netherlands Education Support Offices that operates in locations of strategic importance for Dutch higher education.
The main activities of Nuffic Neso South Africa (Neso) are:
- Study in Holland promotion and student counselling for South African students
- Study in South Africa Desk: providing information on study programmes and internship places for Dutch students in South Africa
- Market information and analysis
- Holland Alumni network
- Capacity development in education
- Project development and management