Step-by-step process for scholarships
1. Course registration deadline in Hodex/SK123 (no task)
2. Programme course details check in Delta (no task)
3. Candidates can register for a fellowship (no task)
4. Institutions submit their grant applications and nominate candidates (no task)
5. Embassy checks eligibility and assesses applications
- Check the eligibility of nominated candidates and reject non-eligible applications in Delta;
- Assess eligible candidates.
Base your assessments on the outcomes of the country scans:
- The extent to which the application fits into the policy target group;
- how well the candidate can implement their newly-acquired knowledge in their daily work;
- the extent to which this knowledge will contribute to the country's development;
- how well the candidate's post-fellowship plans are described and how realistic they are.
You will assess candidates by answering a number of questions to which points will be awarded. An application that has not been assessed receives 0 points, but remains eligible and can still be selected for a fellowship.
Documents for scholarships
Process for Tailor-Made Training
- Training organisation / education institution applies for training grant in Delta
- Nuffic checks eligibility on hard knock-out criteria
- Dutch embassy checks eligibility on knock-out criteria referring to local information
- Embassy answers assessment questions on requesting organisation
The next period for eligibility checks and assessments of TMT is: 1 - 14 April 2019
- Nuffic answers assessment questions on Dutch party
- Nuffic checks financial deal (COCA)
- Final selection on total scorings per application
- Grant award
Process for institutional collaboration projects
- Nuffic prepares call (in collaboration with embassy).
- Call is published for specific country and priority theme.
- Local foreign organisations find Dutch education institutions, or Dutch education institutions find local foreign organisations.
- The local organisations and Dutch institutions form a partnership.
- The partner organisations work out a joint proposal application together (they can ask questions till a specific date).
- The applications are submitted.
- Nuffic and the embassy assess all applications.
- Project grant is awarded.
For guidelines and formats please check the open calls page:
We frequently send out updates to the programme's participants with important information, such as deadlines, calls and changes. To make sure that you are fully informed, please register to receive these updates.
To support participants in communicating about Orange Knowledge projects, we have provided some material that they can use alongside their own. You can forward the link to this page to project partners in your country: