As an embassy employee you check the applications on their eligibility and assess the applications, while taking the embassy focus areas into consideration. You also play an important role in the promotion of the MSP, and in maintaining ties with alumni.
The MSP has 2 application deadlines a year. Check the deadline overview below for more information. The procedures are fully digitalised in Nuffic’s application and selection tool, Delta.
Each deadline involves 6 phases which take place over a period of 16 weeks:
- Preparation of the course offer + recruitment of candidates (Dutch institution)
- Application for the scholarship (applicant)
- Nomination of the candidates and grant submission (Dutch institution)
- Eligibility check and assessment of the applications (embassy)
- Selection (Nuffic)
- Grant award (Nuffic)
- 5 February – registration opens for candidates
- 24 March at 16.00 hrs – registration closes for candidates
- 21 April at 16.00 hrs – deadline for nominating candidates by Dutch education institutions (extended from 7 April 2020)
- 21 April at 16.00 hrs – opening assessment for embassies (extended from 7 April 2020)
- 19 May at 16.00 hrs – deadline for assessment applications by embassies
- 4 June – selection and grant awards
The Mena Scholarship Programme is initiated and funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.