Global mobility streams
- About 6.1 million degree students studied abroad in 2019, up from 5.7 million in 2018 (+6.8%).
- The most important sending country in 2019 was China, followed by India and Vietnam.
- The most important receiving country in 2019 was the United States of America. This country received almost 1 million international students in this year. Australia and the United Kingdom make the top 3 of receiving countries complete.
- Australia saw the biggest absolute increase in the number of degree students coming from abroad in 2019 (+64,646 compared to the year before), followed by Canada (+54,620) and the United Arab Emirates (+49,292).
- 20,130 Dutch degree students studied abroad in 2019, up from 17,684 in 2018 (+13.8%).
For further information, please send an email to email@example.com.