This Peer Learning Activity (PLA) is part of the Erasmus+ Key Action 3 EHEA Reform project "I-Comply", which is geared towards legal and practical implementation with the Lisbon Recognition Convention in the European Higher Education Area.
The objective of this PLA is to identify strategies and models of good practice to achieve a common understanding of automatic recognition, as well as its implementation in the EHEA. Therefore, different examples will be presented and next discussed by the approximately 25 participants from ENIC-NARICs and other relevant stakeholders. The PLA will be structured around two main questions:
- How to reach a common understanding of the concept ‘automatic recognition’?
- What strategies can we design to implement automatic recognition in the countries of the EHEA?
Inaugural ceremony Ukrainian Recognition Network (UaReNet)
Gather at entrance hotel to walk to dinner
Dinner upon invitation by the host at BARVY (Kyiv, 3 Mechnikova Str)
Welcome hosts - Ms Hanna Novosad, Minister of Education and Science Ukraine and Viktoriya Sergiyenko, ENIC Ukraine
Welcome on behalf project - Tessa Bijvank, Ministry of Education The Netherlands
Introduction Day - Jenneke Lokhoff, Nuffic
Plenary on common understanding of AR:
- "Setting the stage": The concept of Automatic Recognition in the EHEA - David Crosier, Eurydice
- Council Recommendation & PLA Light - Klara Engels Perenyi, European Commission
AR in HEIs: access versus admission - Allan Bruun Pedersen, Ministry of Higher Education and Science Denmark
Parallel breakout sessions (round 1) on implementation of AR in the national situation
- Share good practice
- Identify models of good practice
Parallel breakout sessions (round 2)
Reports & Reflections. Finding agreement on main outcomes
Wrap Up / Closing of the meeting - Tessa Bijvank, Ministry of Education The Netherlands
Anticipated outcomes of the meeting are to identify strategies and identify models of good practice to:
- achieve a shared understanding of automatic recognition in the EHEA, and
- implement automatic recognition in the EHEA.