Week of the International Student 2021
to Friday 19 November 2021 17:00
What is the Week of the International Student?
Each year Nuffic organises the Week of the International Student. The week showcases the importance of an international experience for both Dutch and international students. During the week many activities are being organised for students. But also for alumni, international officers and professors there will be interesting activities. Almost all activities focus on connecting everyone. Because where worlds collide beautiful things happen, and this week shows that at its best.
Would you and your institution or school like to organise something yourself?
Theme: Meet a new world
The time has come which we all hoped for. We can go out and about into the world once again. And with that comes a new found appreciation for physically meeting and exploring and therefore the ability to have an international experience, far away or close by home.
During this Week of the International Student we would like to show the importance of reconnecting again, whether that is connecting students with one another who are finally able to share the much needed real-life contact or connecting schools to the new found possibilities of (online) international experiences. This week is all about encouraging, engaging and enjoying in a new world.
Aside from the pandemic, an international experience, close or far away, always feels like stepping into a new world. And we hope that, even in a world with the pandemic, that feeling is still overruling in the international experience for most students.
We meet in a new world and by meeting new people, new worlds open up once again. That is why this theme for this year’s Week of the International Student will be: Meet a New World.
Week of the International Student: Festival Edition
As said this year’s Week of the International Student is here to engage, encourage and enjoy. And with all the online possibilities the past year has brought us what better way to do that than to have an online and offline festival in which both students, schools and institutions can take part and connect again?
Monday 15 November
- 11.00 - 12.30: WotIS walks (Utrecht)
- 12.00 - 12.30: Lunch session: Diversity and inclusion (online)
- 14.00 - 15.00: WotIS walks (Tilburg)
- 15.00 - 16.30: WotIS walks (Maastricht)
Tuesday 16 November
Wednesday 17 November
- 12.00 - 13.30: WotIS walks (Enschede)
- 12.00 - 13.30: WotIS walks (Den Haag)
- 12.00 - 13.30: WotIS walks (Leiden)
Thursday 18 November
- 9.00 - 12.00: Study in Holland Fair (online)
- 12.00 - 13.30: WotIS walks (Amsterdam)
- 12.00 - 13.30: WotIS walks (Rotterdam)
- 14.30 - 16.00: WotIS walks (Deventer)
- 16.00 - 17.15: Social interaction in and outside the international classroom: are we breaking the bubble? (online)
Friday 19 November
- 12.00 - 12.30: Lunch session: Climate change and sustainable development (online)
- 12.00 - 13.30: WotIS walks (Wageningen)
- 12.00 - 13.30: WotIS walks (Nijmegen)