- The Department for Education is the British Ministry of Education.
- The website of the British government provides overviews of recognised higher education institutions, recognised bodies and listed bodies. These overviews are being replaced by the Office for Students Register, the OfS Register.
- The Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) provides information about accreditation and quality assurance in the British education system.
- Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) provides information about the accreditation and quality assurance of Scottish qualifications. SQA also awards Scottish qualifications.
- UK NARIC, the National Recognition Information Centre, is the national office for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications.
- Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) provides information on the status of British higher education institutions for verification purposes.