Overview of diploma evaluations
In the table below you can find the level of Turkish diplomas. You cannot derive any rights from it.
Working in the Netherlands
Do you want to know if you can work in the Netherlands with a certain Turkish diploma? Go to Working in the Netherlands with a foreign diploma.
Studying in the Netherlands
Do you want to know if you can study in the Netherlands with your Turkish diploma? Go to Studying in the Netherlands with a foreign diploma.
|Diploma||NQF-HETR level||EQF level||Comparable to||NLQF level||EQF level|
|Meslek Lisesi Diploması||-||-||an MBO diploma, level 2 or 3||2 or 3||2 or 3|
|Teknik Lisesi Diploması||-||-||a HAVO diploma for the general education component||4||4|
|Lise Diploması||-||-||at least a HAVO diploma||4||4|
|Ön Lisans Diploması||5||5||an associate degree or 2 years of HBO||5||5|
|Lisans Diploması||6||6||an HBO or a WO bachelor’s degree||6||6|
|Yüksek Lisans Diploması||7||7||an HBO or a WO master’s degree||7||7|
- NQF-HETR = National Qualifications Framework for Higher Education in Turkey.
- NLQF = Dutch Qualifications Framework.
- EQF = European Qualifications Framework.
- The NLQF or EQF level is not so much a reflection of study load or content, but an indication of a person’s knowledge and skills after having completed a certain study programme.
- You can find information about the Dutch diploma's on our web pages about the education system in the Netherlands.
- The Cooperation Organisation for Vocational Education, Training and the Labour Market (SBB) evaluates statements on foreign qualifications and training at VMBO and MBO level. The evaluation may vary if SBB evaluates the diploma for admission to VET schools or for work in the Netherlands.