Skip to main content
- Country: Morocco (le Maroc/المغرب), officially the Kingdom of Morocco (le Royaume du Maroc/المملكة المغربية). From the mid-19th century to 1956, Morocco was a colony of France and Spain.
- Responsible for education: the Ministry of National Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research, (Ministère de l'Education Nationale, de la Formation professionnelle, de l'Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche Scientifique, وزارة التربية الوطنية والتكوين المهني والتعليم العالي والبحث العلمي).
- Compulsory education: ages 6-15 years (primary education and lower secondary education).
- Language of instruction: Morocco has 2 official languages, Arabic and Berber (Tamazight). Arabic is the language of instruction in primary and secondary education. French is a compulsory subject from the age of 8. In higher education, the language of instruction is French for all exact and technical disciplines, and Arabic for other disciplines.
- School year: from September to early July.
- School examinations: in June (final exams for upper secondary education).
- Academic year: early September to late June.