Overview of diploma evaluations
In the table below you can find the level of Algerian diplomas. You cannot derive any rights from it.
Working in the Netherlands
Do you want to know if you can work in the Netherlands with a certain Algerian diploma? Go to Working in the Netherlands with a foreign diploma.
Studying in the Netherlands
Do you want to know if you can study in the Netherlands with your Algerian diploma? Go to Studying in the Netherlands with a foreign diploma.
|Diploma||Comparable to||NLQF level||EQF level|
|Brevet d’Enseignement Moyen (BEM)||3 years of HAVO||2||2|
|Brevet d’Enseignement Professionnel (BEP)||an MBO diploma level 3 or 4||3 or 4||3 or 4|
|Baccalauréat||at least a HAVO diploma||4||4|
|Brevet d’Enseignement Professionnel Supérieur (BEPS)||an associate degree or 2 years of HBO||5||5|
Licence (3 years)
|3 years of HBO or 2 years of WO||6||6|
- NLQF = Dutch Qualifications Framework.
- EQF = European Qualifications Framework.
- The NLQF or EQF level is not so much a reflection of study load or content, but an indication of a person’s knowledge and skills after having completed a certain study programme.
- You can find information about the Dutch diplomas on our web pages about the education system in the Netherlands.
- The Cooperation Organisation for Vocational Education, Training and the Labour Market (SBB) evaluates statements on foreign qualifications and training at VMBO and MBO level. The evaluation may vary if SBB evaluates the diploma for admission to VET schools or for work in the Netherlands.