Subject-based immersion study visit to Birmingham
from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The conference is an opportunity to experience the latest educational thinking from across the world. You'll be challenged in terms of your own thinking and system wide practice. The conference will without doubt give you many ideas for moving yourself, individual departments and whole schools forward. This year the conference theme is ‘Deep Social Justice’.
For the 3 days in school, participants will immerse themselves in a Birmingham school. You will investigate the teaching and learning methodologies used and work with classroom teachers to explore the pedagogy relevant to your chosen subject. This will enable you to take new practice back to your school.
The time spent in England will also be a chance to form new school partnerships in order to work on opportunities such as joint curriculum projects.
Each participant will be allocated to their chosen subject department in a host school where the following activities will be provided:
- 3 days in a Birmingham school, immersed in experiencing daily school life as well as observing teaching and learning strategies, behaviour and classroom management and pedagogy techniques which may include delivering whole or part of lessons
- attendance on day 2 at SSAT’s National Conference 2019, Birmingham
- opportunities for you to share your experience, practice and expertise with teachers in your host school
The cost of the study tour is € 1.700 per person with a minimum of 8 persons. The price will go down to 1500 EUR when at least 15 teachers take part. Please book your place as soon as possible. Once we know final numbers we will confirm the price to you and arrange invoicing.
Deadline for registration is 1 October 2019.
The tour includes:
- an educational programme – you will spend 3 days immersed in a school, plus Thursday 5 December at SSAT’s National Conference. Friday 2 December you will travel back to the Netherlands.
- 5 nights bed and breakfast accommodation (3* accommodation, arriving Sunday 1 December, departing Friday 2 December)
The cost of the study tour does not include:
- airport transfers
- evening meals (breakfast will be provided within the accommodation and lunch will be provided by the host school/conference)
- transport to and from the school each day or to the conference
Host schools may be located outside of central Birmingham.
This study tour is relevant to both havo/vwo and vmbo teachers.
For questions you can contact Ineke Swaan:
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 070 42 60 213 .