If you are already a scholar of the Libertas Support Fund and you wish to continue your studies in the Netherlands with a scholarship from the Fund, you need to submit a follow-up application for the next academic year.
The following conditions apply to follow-up applications:
- no more than four times for a bachelor’s programme in research-oriented education (wetenschappelijk onderwijs);
- no more than five times for a bachelor’s programme in professional higher education (hoger beroepsonderwijs);
- no more than two times for a master’s programme in research-oriented higher education; however, a subsidy may be awarded no more than three times if the total number of study credits available for a programme is 120;
- no more than two times for a master’s programme in higher professional education;
- applicants may apply for a subsidy for both a bachelor’s and a master’s programme.
The scholarship includes the following components:
- reimbursement of tuition fees;
- a monthly allowance of €1,000 including a standard contribution towards healthcare insurance;
- visa fees (standard contribution);
- a one-off payment towards international travel costs (standard contribution based on country of origin).
The procedure: step-by-step
- In April Nuffic informs all Libertas Support Fund contact persons at the Dutch higher education institutions about the follow-up application procedure.
- Nuffic provides the contact persons with the relevant documents that have to be filled in.
- He/she completes the forms and asks the student to sign it.
- The contact person then sends all the required documents to Nuffic.
- Nuffic checks whether the documents are complete and correctly filled in.
- If the follow-up application is complete and correct, it can be submitted to the Minister of Education, Culture and Science.
- The Minister’s decision is sent to the scholarship student and to the contact person at the Dutch higher education institution.